Wednesday 11 February 2015

Damascus Experience, The Letter & Confession Trilogy Experience, The Letter & Confession Trilogy



Part One: Damascus Experience:
I watched an eagle flying above the blue sky,
Tainted with sprout of haphazard clouds,
With great interest I marveled its superiority and view.
I was inclined to climb the zigzag erect Qacha's Nek Mountains of Lesotho,
to also enjoy the far horizon, splendor and cosmic lands of Africa.
On top of this one mountain,
paved like Table Mountain,
the wind blow so peaceful with sincerity and wonder,
I felt closer to God and heaven.

I wrote all my troubles and worries on the clouds passing by,
to ferry them away beyond my horizon for evermore.
I wrote you a letter on this serene and melodious breeze,
Only visible to your heart.
I stamped it with a passionate kiss.

From this mountain I could hear the angels singing and rejoicing in heaven,
because my heart was on earth,
I could not fly there alone without you beside me,
as I made a promise to God that,
" until death do us apart".

I called your name three times,
I prayed for us hundred times,
not because God didn't hear me the first time,
but because your name was stuck in my tongue.
I could smell the aroma of rain being cooked,
I could see the clouds turning to cumulonimbus in my presence.
I spiced them with infinite love,
so that its showers can overflow your rivers,
& oceans until kingdom come.
I felt guilty for a moment thinking that I was bewitching you,
but smiled when I remembered that God is love.
This was not a dream or fantasy,
but a true state of spiritual uplifting moment with God.
This was a Damascus experience take note...

Part two: The letter:
Take me back to where it all began,
To where Your Spirit hovered over the vast waters of my life,
To where conundrum of my destiny was unravelled.
To where your thoughts toward and about me outnumbered the grains of sand on the seashore … Where You stood before my failures,
My deepest fears,
My darkest hours,
Where the rain made me shine than wet,
Where the Sun made me wet with tears of joy,
Where who I am was not limited by the issues of life,
Where the challenges that you knew lay ahead,
To a place where your eyes saw far beyond, today, yesterday and tomorrow.

You saw one clear path, not a network of avenues and back alleys,
You saw deep into my forevermore, hence you SPOKE,
Take me back to what You said,
The words you spoke, the life you breathed-to the mystery,
The wonder capped in the UNFORMED state of me,
Back to where my Spirit was submerged beneath Your infinite power,
Surrendered to Your limitless love, yielded to the vastness of your greatness.

Part Three:
The confession: You once taught me not in so many words,
That a friend needs to be someone who loves so deeply,
That even their molecules pray in unison with their mind,
In spirit consciously and unconsciously for well being of their lovers,
Even in pain and hate.
Disagreement or displeasure,
Hurting and bleeding,
In harmony and discord,
In fear or revere,
Until death do us part.

by Bheka Dube



writers journey. 
Take us through your world.
http:// milkflowspen.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment